Wednesday 21 September 2011

Zen Lifestyle

S1770001

Yesterday I skipped on down to Edinburgh to attend the Zen Lifestyle blogger's evening, at their 3rd & newest salon on Hanover Street. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted by the Director, Fiona & a glass of champers (which always goes down well!).

Fiona took me on a guided tour around the salon which has been open a little over a month. Zen has 3 salons all in Edinburgh, but there has been about 7 years between openings, with Fiona stressing that it was important to the company to take their time, ensuring quality over speedy expansion.

S1770037

S1770008

S1770009

After a quick introduction, the lovely, lovely staff quickly set to primping & preening us, with all the girls being treated to Shellac manicures, Blink & Go Lashes, HD Brows and a skin analysis courtesy of Murad, whose products are used extensively throughout the salon.

S1770017

S1770020


Julie applying Anna's lashes. Julie also did my lashes & she was so professional & friendly. She has worked for Zen for 5 1/2 years and her passion for her job shone through. All of the girls were super friendly & happy to listen to our banter!

S1770024

S1770043

S1770038

S1770046

The treatment rooms are absolutely stunning and are the perfect setting for the huge range of SPA treatments and Clinic treatments available. If I thought I could get away with these colours in my bedroom I would, but think Mac would have something to say!

S1770030

S1770050

S1770031

My 'Blink & Go' lashes. They took about 20 minutes to apply & should last approximately 10 days. A quicker & cheaper alternative to full semi-permanent lashes & easier to maintain, they are a favourite of Edinburgh's busy city girls, who often pop in during their lunch.

S1780004

Those of you who read my blog regularly know I am a massive gel manicure fan, but had never tried Shellac, until now. I am delighted with the effect - it feels lighter than the bioscultpure. The colour I chose was Fedora and I'm so pleased with how much it looks like my all-time favourite shade Rouge Noir!

S1780002

Throughout, the salon quietly oozes decadence & grown-up glamour. The Zen team have paid attention to every tiny detail and any girl will feel relaxed & pampered after even a short visit. I can't recommend Zen highly enough; I thoroughly enjoyed my time there & will 100% be paying a visit the next time I'm home!

S1770053

A x

4 comments:

  1. Oooooooooooowh, looks absolutely lush! Wish we had one in Aberdeen! p.s. Couldn't help but laugh at your description of the salon as "decadent" after watching The Inbetweeners this weekend ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very beautiful photograph! A color is vivid!
    The day of a candle is great. It relaxes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. why cant we have salons like this where i live? love the lavender room place. and the lashes look great, let us know how you get on wit them! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be pedantic, but Shellac is NOT a gel, it is a power polish. No.buffing is required either before application or during removal so there is no damage, unlike gel.

    ReplyDelete