Saturday 7 May 2011

This week I love...


Growing My Own Vegetables

Last year, when M & I were house shopping, a garden was one of our top priorities. We moved in last March, but with the wedding, exams etc, we didn't get the chance to do anything in it last year (except battle the jungle grass). I vowed that this year I would get a vegetable patch up & running and with the last couple of weeks offering up some amazing sunshine, I got out my pink gardening gloves and set to it. Planted are Carrots, Garlic, Tomatoes, Parsnips & Radishes. Who knows what the results will be!

My modest veggie patch!
images sourced from weheartit.com


Bridal Season...

The last 2 years have been all about my wedding (for me anyway!). This year, it is going to be so nice to kick back & just enjoy all the weddings I'll be going to without worrying about my own. Plus, I adore the rush of work over the summer months; pampering brides & being part of so many girls' special days is magical



Holidays, New York & Vegas

Our honeymoon last year included stays in NYC & Vegas. Both M & I are desperate to go back to both. We wont be going on holiday together this summer, so we have both been daydreaming about planning trips there again next year.



Tattoos

Most of you probably know by now that I have several tattoos. Recently I've been struck with itch for a new one. I can't explain where it comes from, or really even what it feels like, but when it hits, I need to do it. Most of the time, I don't even really know what I want until I go for my appointment & more than once I've been happy to give the artist a loose brief & let them work their magic. My tattoos range from massive to tiny; at the moment I seem to be coveting a very simple heart outline. But, well... we'll see!



Exercise

I seem to have fallen into a bit of a funk exercise/health wise. I know I need to get back into it & love the feeling of getting results, but that firs run/walk/class/box is always the hardest! I'm wondering if treating myself to some new trainers will help...



Lovely Summer Sunshine...

I don't think I need to say anything... everyone feels the same when the sun comes out. Happy.






5 comments:

  1. If this is not Ruth, she has a doppelgänger somewhere then :)
    I'd love to see your tattoos, would you mind blogging about them, if it's not too personal?
    And I need to start working out, too. Indeed if I had been working out the entire time I've been pondering it, I'd be able to run a marathon already :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! she has confirmed that it is not her! Jessica Hart apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would definitely love to see a tattoo post! I too have quite a few and want more. I find them fascinating :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really can't wait to have my own place so my boyfriend and I can grow our own veg! Hopefully we'll manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great veggie patch - love your scarecrows!

    ReplyDelete