Thursday 18 November 2010

OPI Black Cherry Chutney

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that when the weekend rolls around, my love/hate affair with the X Factor is usually the only thing that's on my mind. That, and biscuits.

Crunchy treats aside, I do love a bit of the old 'Factor and whilst I sometimes think I need earplugs during the performances, I can't help but admire the work of the make-up team, stylists etc. I've been covering a few of the stand-out makeup looks on my YouTube channel and so imagine my delight when I find out that it is OPI, one of my own personal favourite nail polish brands, who is in charge of transforming each contestant's digits every week!

When I spied Black Cherry Chutney in this photo and immediately fell in love, the perfect peeps at OPI were all too happy to send me my very own bottle (yay!).



As someone who normally favours either Rouge Noir by Chanel or various shades of blue, black or grey on her nails, my lust for this shade is not really surprising. With it's dark cherry/berry/purple deep tones and a beautiful golden highlight shimmer, this shade is (in the words of Cheryl) "right up my street".






You can usually buy OPI Varnishes at John Lewis, at QVC uk, at Lena White or instore at Selfridges or Sally's.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe I've only recently discovered the delights of OPI! My favourite at the moment is Rising Star - a gorgeous gold! Love the look of this too, what more of an incentive to stop biting my nails do I need! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Cherry Chutney is a great colour! I've had it for a while, I think I need to bring it out for a mani very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this polish in my life :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Black Cherry Chutney and would say it's one of my favourite colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous colour. I've looked at swatches of this before and must pick it up sometime. Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one of my favorite too. It's kind of vampy and gorgeous. Lovely color for autumn and winter. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete